I absolutely love making things from scratch and these Roasted Red Peppers are SO simple! Even if you are not really much of a “pepper” person like me, you will find these peppers are mouthwatering! They are SO sweet & delicious you will absolutely love them!
You can use them in multiple types of dishes, all different ways. Incorporate them as an ingredient in a pita pocket or wrap, put them on top of a salad, accent a turkey burger, or just eat them plain for a healthy snack.
Making your own Roasted Red Peppers is very easy to do. The amount of red peppers needed is dependent on your need.
I personally like to roast 2-3 peppers at a time for immediate use. But you can do as many or as little as you want, the steps are still the same.
If you want to change it up, you can use different colored peppers like yellow & orange, those are delicious too! This is how I did it…
- 2 Red Peppers
- Oil of your choosing
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut peppers into quarters. Trim white membrane off. Rinse the seeds off under cold water and place skin side up on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 30 mins. The skins of the peppers should have black bubbly char on them. If they don’t have this, you need to leave the peppers in longer.
- Take peppers out of the oven and IMMEDIATELY put them in a sealed tight container for 1-2hrs. If you don’t have a sealed tight you can use tight plastic wrap
- Peel off the skin of the peppers with your hands. Slice or dice to the size to your liking. Enjoy!
Change things up by trying this with different colored peppers like yellow and orange!